Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life Lately

Because I'm too cheap to pay $12 for 2 hours worth of internet at my first hotel in Vegas, and too leery of security issues with the second hotel, I haven't checked my email or done anything online since Tuesday afternoon.

Never fear, however!  I faithfully blogged in Word during my hiatus!  Today's post will be at the very bottom.


Tuesday, March 20, 2012       Do your best!!! 

I have been worried about eating on this trip.  Turns out that I ate cheese today.  I ordered bruschetta at dinner tonight, only to discover, halfway through my third of four pieces, that they had put cheese on the bottom of the bread!  I went ahead and ate the rest of it.  I’ll keep trying to eat vegan, but won’t waste $ on food just to through it away  (nor will I pay $15 a night for internet, so this will all be posted when I get home from Vegas)

Today:
W: 139.6?
E: pm yoga
B: n/a
L: salad (spinach, beans, tomatoes, apples)
S:  2 tortillas with refried beans
D: bruschetta and spring mix with vinegar
S: 2 nut bars, walnuts, raisins, prunes


Wednesday, March 21, 2012                        Be more! 

That’s just one of the few things that I’ve felt today.  Our conference has been inspiring, and I’ve felt strongly that I’m where I need to be (at the conference, at Spring Creek, teaching).  And tonight we went to the Cirque de Soleil show, Ka.  It was incredible.  The performers were amazing at what they did.  I need to do better at doing what I do.

Today:
W: ?
E: pm yoga
B: pineapple, grapes, strawberries
L: sautéed veggies on a bun
S: nuts and raisins
D: broccoli, garbanzo bean burger
S: prunes, 2 nut bars

 Thursday, March 22, 2012                Be great at what works.

Another great day at our conference.  I wasn’t very alert, but still learned a lot.  I’m excited to go back to school and apply! J  I ate some delicious sushi today…veggie roll.  Last night I bought an issue of Self, and Carrie Underwood said that she’ll never eat meat again, because she feels better without it, but that she has to have some cake every once in a while, and that she’s 95% vegan.  I think that’s a good plan.  I did have cheese inadvertently on Tuesday, and though I plan to avoid it most of the time, I think that Dr. Fuhrman’s 90% rule, or Carrie’s 95% policy are good ways to live, and still a lot healthier than the SAD. 

One of the things that stood out in the conference today was that we should be great at what works.  PLC/RTI work, but we have to be great at them.  Instead of piling on too many things and doing them decently, or well, we need to do fewer things, and do them excellently.  I was thinking of that principle in connection with taking care of my body.  I don’t need the latest trend in exercise clothes or equipment.  I really don’t care about the next big diet craze.  I know what works for me.  When I do it, even half-way, I get amazing results and feel fantastic.  These are the things that I need to do excellently:
Go to bed early and get up early.  Eat to Live.  Run.  Essentrics.  The end.  If I do these things excellently, and become great at them, I will be healthier, leaner, stronger, faster, fitter, and more refined and defined than ever.  Here’s to being great at what works!!!

Today:
W: ?
E: pm yoga
B: watermelon, pineapple, grapes (yummy!)
S: trail mix with dried fruit, nuts and pb and white chocolate chips
L: 2 veggie rolls, cucumber salad
D: 2 veggie rolls, cucumber salad, walnuts and raisins



Friday, March 23, 2012              Work is the only way that things get done.

Those are some of the words of wisdom shared by the sealer who performed John and Chelsey’s wedding.  I need to work more.  On my thesis, on my exercising, etc.  One of the things from the conference that stood out to me was something along the lines of “We don’t have more time, we just use it differently.”  I need to use my time differently. 

I also need to find ways to cope with stress other than eating.  I had some stress eating going on tonight at dinner.  I didn’t eat meat or cake, but I sure ate a lot of potato salad and beans, and even had a few potato chips.  I need to figure out how to help my brain realize that I don’t need to eat so much at social gatherings.  I need to be more conscious of what I eat. 

W: ?
E: essentrics a/a, a few stairs
B: 2 pieces of bread with peanut butter, 2 slices of orange, 2 fig newtons, 2 pieces of bread with a tomato slice.
L: n/a
S: graham crackers
D: lettuce, tomatoes, potato salad, beans


Saturday, March 24, 2012                6 weeks starts Tuesday

If I start Dr. Fuhrman's 6 week stint on Tuesday, it will end on May 8th, which is my year marker for starting Eat to Live.  Beth has committed to doing it with me, and we're going to do it for real (no India Palace, hummus, etc.).  I'm excited to see how things turn out!  I think making sure that I stick to my carb and fat limits will really help. 

W: ?
B: n/a
L: salad from Subway, apples
S: veggies and fruit at John and Chelsey's reception (didn't give into the cake temptation!)
D: 2 bean burritos
S: cashews, fruit popsicles, dried fruit, fig newtons (which are probably just as bad as cake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment