I read in a magazine this weekend (Woman's World) that when we don't get enough sleep, our metabolism is damaged and our insulin and stress hormones rise. (Don't worry, grad school professors, all your hard work is paying off...I wanted to know what their sources were!) I believe it. I need to get more sleep, more consistently.
Last night I went to bed at 10:30 and meant to get up at 5. Didn't happen! I slept for 8 hours on a non-weekend night! However, it's 11:40 now, and I won't be in bed before midnight. But I can get 6 hours in (was at least strong enough not to watch a movie, even though I watched the latest episode of Once Upon a Time) if I am in bed by then. One day at a time!
Today:
W: 138.8
E: pm yoga
B: walnuts and banana
L: salsa salad and an orange
D: bread with palta, green smoothie (strawberries and coconut milk...delicious!)
S: 2 pieces of bread with peanut butter and honey
No comments:
Post a Comment