I LOVE having Cassy in our home! She's so enthusiastic and happy and loving. I got to google chat with Hermana Luz and Hermana Ana also. Hna Luz said that she hopes that God blesses me with many blessings (sounds so much better in Spanish) because I'm helping Cassandra. I told her that I already have my blessings because she's here! And it's true. It's been fun to watch her interact with Amy and Beth too. LOVE my girls! And Mathis, John and Jesse are here (I'm doing homework, can't you tell?) and Cassy's learning sign language from Mathis! I love sharing languages, laughs, home, etc.
During row party today at lunch, J.C. wanted to try my green smoothie. He's tasted one before and loves them! So 4/5 of the kids who came up for lunch tried it. J.C. has suggested before that we make them together for a class party. Um, let me think about that...let my kids MAKE something that is GOOD for them and tastes delicious?! Of course! They've earned their points for a party, and are well on their way to earning a treat. Maybe I'll suggest that they wait until the 16th so that we can have green smoothies to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! I love sharing the things that I love with people that I love.
I've noticed that I am less prone to stress eating when I'm feeling connected to people. If I've spent real time talking to a real person, I don't need to try to fill my heart with food (it never works, by the way).
Today:
W:138.2
B and L: green smoothie. I've been making them a little bigger these days and taking almost a quart for lunch and drinking what ever doesn't fit for breakfast. Works wonderfully! I also made my first banana/kiwi green smoothie. Good stuff! And the kids liked it too!
S: cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks
D: spinach, spring mix, canned corn, tomatoes and black beans, spices (cumin, onion, garlic and chili powder), banana
S: most of two mandarin oranges (shared 2-3 pieces with Mathis!)
S: another orange, hummus, some of Cassy's yummy lime chips, a banana
No comments:
Post a Comment