Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Battle for Freedom.

I love the hymns.  They always lift me up and give me animo for life, or comfort me.  One that has been in my head lately is Do What Is Right.  The line "Battle for freedom in spirit and might," is my favorite.

Yesterday, I had the thought that I am battling for freedom...from earth stains, from addictions.  While I know that views on what qualifies as an addiction are varied,   I think of it as anything you do compulsively and repeatedly that is harmful to you.  With that definition in mind, I definitely have food addictions.  Certain foods and moods trigger unhealthy behaviors for me.  So, by sticking to ETL as much as possible, I'm battling for freedom!!! And ETL is also a big advantage in the battle against disease, as well.

Today:
S: 5.5
W: 136.4
E: 37 minute walk with Beth, pm yoga.
7:30 banana, walnuts
12:00 spring mix, mushrooms, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, chili, grapes
3:40 grapes
5:30 honey popcorn (tried it without the peanut butter...not fantastic, but ok)

No comments:

Post a Comment