Thursday, October 4, 2012

What do I want?

I spent the day at the NRMERA conference.  Stefinee wants me to do other conferences and see if it's something I want to do more of.  She says I need to find out if the academic conversation is interesting enough to sustain me, to see if I like presenting, etc.  If today is any indication, the answer is no.  While I greatly appreciate what these men and women are doing, it's mainly because I want to be doing the best thing I can for my students, IN THE CLASSROOM.  If I don't get to be a stay-at-home-mama, I want to be an in-the-classroom-teacher.
I also want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. (Said no to cookies, and ate vegetarian today, but there was cheese on my pasta tonight...I never think to ask about garnish cheese! and I ate fries).  And this posh lifestyle...so not my scene.


Today:
S: 5 hours
E: n/a
W: 134
7:00 banana
12:00ish salad with vinegarette dressing, fruit salad with mint sauce (x2), 2 pickles and 2 servings of veggie pasta salad
3:00 nuts and a banana
6:00 crackers, cucumbers, and carrots
8:00 penne pasta with marinara sauce (had cheese on top)
9:00 Stefinee's McDonald's fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment