Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 8: Forward, pressing forward.

Today I attended the funeral of my cousin's grandpa, Walden Johnson.  When I was little, I got to see him when he and grandma Johnson would come visit Uncle John and Aunt Evonne's family in Snowflake.  They are and were such wonderful, kind, talented, hard-working, gracious folk.  He was a man that did what needed to be done.  I want to be like that.  To press forward always.

I've been blessed to be able to press forward with Eat to Live this week.  I lost 8.2 lbs between last Tuesday and today!  Who just gets to lose weight and get healthier that fast?! I LOVE that I am never hungry (and if I am, I can eat!) and that the food I choose to eat makes me happier and more energetic.  I am so blessed.  The longer I do this, the more that I know it's for me.  I'm gaining a testimony of plant-based eating, by living it! :)  (To the point where tonight I was thinking about giving my chickens and barn back to Father...I don't need them.  I will talk to him and see what he thinks.  I would rather have people eat eggs from my happy, healthy, homey chickens than factory farmed chickens).  


Healthy:
S: 4.5 not enough
E: essentrics l/b
W: 147.2
10:00 apple and walnuts
1:45 banana
3:30 spring mix, romaine, mushroom, tomatoes, chili; another banana; 2 pieces of bread with Alaska fireweed honey! Delicious! (And even better, Beth is back!)

Debt-free:
Paid cash today, and stayed within my grocery spending budget for the week! :) $20 for all I needed.  So blessed. 

Minimalist:
Gave one of my to-give-away pairs of shoes to Beth.  Didn't buy a new undershirt, because I didn't need it. (I have to wear two undershirts sometimes to be sufficiently modest and the new Downeast kind covers everything in one! But I have the two I need...) But Beth bought it for me, so I don't know if that really counts as being minimalist after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment