Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 15: Obedience=Liberty

I LOVE this talk.  General conference is in less than 2 weeks, and I've been looking forward to it for weeks, if not months!

Obedience is powerful.  I am blessed with peace, joy, and direction as I obey God's laws.  I truly feel that Eat to Live is in keeping with God's law of health, the Word of Wisdom.  I love the freedom from long colds (and the prevention of more serious illness like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease!), excessive weight, cravings, etc. that eating predominantly plant-based gives me.  

Often, with things that are hard, I just want it to be done (thesis, anyone?!) But there's something beautiful and powerful about working towards something too.  I'm not perfectly healthy...I have some excess body fat (although, according to the SAD standards, I'm good to go), but I love that I get to fight for freedom every day as I choose to take care of my body.  

Healthy:
S: 6+
E: essentrics l/b
W: 145.6
8:00 banana, lunch-making nibbling
11:30 spring mix, tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, black beans, grapes, raisins, walnuts.  Yum!
3:45 banana, 2 peaches


Debt-free/Minimalist:
Spent money to help a former student with his fundraiser...but I didn't sign up for any of the accompanying magazines.  Don't need or want more.  


No comments:

Post a Comment