Beth and I had a fantastic day today. Slept in until 8, got ready, and went to the temple together. That is a miracle right there: We have so many temples, and more and more are being built. It is such a haven of peace and rest, light, and revelation. I LOVE to see the temple! On the way there we (meaning mostly Beth. She's the clever one) coined a new phrase "Ballerunner," because I was talking about the five finger running shoes, and told Beth that some people call them toe shoes, and that I always wanted to be a ballerina! So we decided that I get to be a ballerunner instead. :) After going to the temple we ate Cafe Rio (hooray for asking for what you want!) and then we went to a new-to-us running store, 26.2, where I bought new Vibram Five-finger Sprint shoes. I AM IN LOVE!
After we came home I got sucked into organizing my room, and getting rid of things, and didn't make time to do essentrics or go on a longish run. But I DID go for a mile and a quarter in the new shoes (I'll have to name them, of course. Pooja and Priya have been there for me for a while now, and I need to name my new Vibrams too!) Can I just say that the people behind these things were seriously inspired? You get all the benefits of barefoot running (light, energetic, close to the earth) with none of the down-sides (no scuffed toes, or rock-induced blood blisters with these babies!). I didn't get the warmest kind, and a few of my toes were slightly chilled, but nothing serious. I love that people are always trying to make things better. I think it comes from our divine nature...we are always meant to be more than we are right now.
I'm excited for this new year. I want to be leaner, stronger, and faster. I want to be closer to God, and more loving towards others. And if it just so happens that I meet Prince Charming and get married, so be it! :) Yay for 2012!
Other miracles: Got a letter from BYU. Yes, I have another scholarship. That means that I only have to pay $620 for tuition, instead of $1440. Bendiciones!!! Tender Mercies!!! Miracles.
With Mandy giving me her gorgeous bike, (I did give her $10 for it, but she wouldn't take any more!) when I take my Walmart bike back on Monday, I'll have a bike and Vibrams for the cost of my Walmart bike. Who just gets to do that?
Today's stats:
W: 140.4 (I'll be using a new scale starting tomorrow)
E: 1.25 miles in 12-13 minutes...yes I'm slow, but I was out and moving!!, yoga
B: n/a
L: Cafe Rio: cilantro lime rice, black beans, lettuce, cilantro, pico de gallo, and guacamole, delish!
S: bananas (probably ate 3 today) and peanut butter
No comments:
Post a Comment