Saturday, February 18, 2012

Being me.

I've been reading blogs on minimalism and people who live plant-based.  I learn so much from other people and am continually amazed at what others are thinking and doing.  One of the minimalist blogs I read tonight had a post containing 35 things this man hopes that his kids will say about him.  Number 26 was, "He didn't let culture dictate his beliefs."

Missy invited me to go to an RTI conference in Vegas (conveniently the same weekend as John Block's wedding!) and when I told Beth about it, I mentioned the amazing sushi bar that Amy F. and I went to while we were there, and how it would be hard to eat right while I was there.  She suggested that maybe I could take a break.  I told her that I can't, that I've committed, and she said "Maybe you should be committed."

I remember living with Emily and just wearing myself out senselessly.  She told me that I'm amazing, and that I just needed to let myself be.   I haven't always been true to me, and I'm still in the process of figuring out who I am, and who I'm meant to be, but I'm getting better at being me.

Some things that are essential in helping me be me: scripture study, prayer, conference talks, running (went tonight, and oh, how I need to do it regularly...it helps me mentally, physically, and spiritually), stretching (essentrics, yoga, etc.) and eating to live.


W: 139.4
E: 13 minute 1.25 mileish run, essentrics l/b, pm yoga
B: banana and nuts
L: dal and rice, channa masala and rice, orange
D: spring mix, spinach, black beans, corn, tomatoes, spices (cumin, chili, garlic, and onion powders), and a delicious pear from my dear friend Val!

No comments:

Post a Comment