Here's my V-day secret: I'm in love with plant-based eating. (As usual, my secret is not so secret!)
Beth went her 6 weeks of eating to live (and lost 20 pounds doing it!) and has decided to have a cheat week before going vegan for another 6 weeks. She had cheesecake and cake on Sunday, pizza yesterday, and lamb tikka masala tonight. She's not feeling very well (upset stomach, etc.), says she's not as much a carnivore as she used to be (didn't love her lamb as much as she thought she would) and says she might not make it a week without going back to being vegan. I know I feel so much better on a plant-based diet.
In other news, I was getting peaches from our deep freeze for my smoothie for tomorrow and had to dig through J and J's piles of meat. Gross. I used to love meat, and I still love many people who love meat, (as in all the omnivores I loved before...my eating preferences haven't changed my people preferences). However, I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. Forever. I know for sure that I'll go until October 17th, because it was my goal to try vegetarian living for a year. Occasionally, I think about eating meat again after that, but without fail, whenever I think about going back to meat, I hear another cancer, heart-disease, diabetes, or stroke story. I would rather eat my plants and know that I'm doing what I can (although not all of it...need to get more regular exercise, especially cardio, in) to prevent and reverse disease.
Today's stats:
W: 141.2
E: 1.5 hours of ice-skating/helping small children ice-skate, pm yoga
B: n/a...trying to let my body recover
L: brown rice, dal, 2 oranges
S: raisins and walnuts
D: rice, channa masala
S: banana, few nuts and raisins, and a bit of tomorrow's green smoothie...I'm sorry, I'm going to keep doing green smoothies!
No comments:
Post a Comment