Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's time to change directions again.  I feel that I'm going in the right direction as far as what I'm eating most of the time, but not in when and how much in times of stress.  Last night I ate 1/2 a bag of corn chips and a family size tub of hummus by myself.  This evening I replaced the corn chips with almost a quart of carrots and did it again. My poor, distended stomach!
I need to plan so that I have slept enough to stay awake in class without using food as a crutch, need to have a live-foot plan or 7 ready for when I'm stressed and need some relief.
I think that weighing myself has become a crutch in some ways too.  I use it to justify my actions (I can eat a ton without huge consequences weight-wise) or to be condescending to myself: "Oh honey, you can do better."  (Condescending is better than mean, right?)
So, the new plan is to go without weighing for a month.  I weighed myself this morning, but won't be doing it again until March 1st.  I will consume Eat to Live foods but only until I'm not hungry anymore.  Music, movement, meditation, etc. will be my means of self-medicating instead of overeating.  Being in the moment and present will help me avoid mindless eating.
Instead of including how much I weigh as part of my stats, I'll put how my body feels instead.  That's the real measure of success, as this is about health, not weight.

Today's stats:
W:  140.8
F(eel): tired...4 hours of sleep is not enough.  Over-ate in class to compensate.
E: pm yoga
B: 2 bananas
L: salad
D: carrots, hummus, walnuts, raisins, banana

No comments:

Post a Comment