I was released from being Relief Society President today. The last two years have been such a learning experience. I'm far from perfect, but I try, and I love. I was also sustained for my new calling, which is an FHE co-chair. I'll be working with Todd, Mallory and Preston to help group leaders. In my setting-apart blessing, Brother Sandberg said something about this time of transition into combining fhe and ward missionary efforts. I had to smile. I've noticed a pattern of being involved in transitions...My first weekend in the MTC was when Elder Ballard gave the Raise the Bar talk. My generation of missionaries was the group to make the transition from presenting memorized charlas to teaching by the Spirit. The bar was raised for MTC teachers and we started using Preach My Gospel at the same time I started teaching there. I was RSP when we changed wards in April, and am now helping with transition with FHE. I like being in transitional times...I feel like I'm making a difference, and it makes me feel like a pioneer.
I'm also making the transition to being a life-long Eat to Live girl. Before we went to Break the Fast, I prayed that I wouldn't eat anything outside of the plan. And I didn't. Friday's backslide does not define what I do from here on out. Just because the transition isn't immediate, doesn't mean I can't keep going forward. As Taylor so eloquently puts it "Today is never to late to be brand new."
Today's stats:
W: 138.8
E: yoga
B and L: fasting
D: roll, carrots and celery, banana and spoonful of peanut butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment