In spite of being at home, I ate totally ETL style, with the exception of eating a lot of bread and peanut butter. No added oils, no meat (haven't had that since October 17th, and haven't missed it!) and no sugar. I always feel SOOOOOO much better as soon as I cut those things out. (With the exception of the occassional withdrawal headache).
I've been reading Geneen Roth's Food, Women and God. She talks about food being a drug and how we use it to avoid situations, our pasts, or who we are or aren't to ourselves and others. I also finished Matched (and Crossed) by Ally Condie today. Cassia chooses to not take the tablets that are provided by the Society, because her grandfather has told her that she's strong enough to go without them. I don't use food as a drug as often as I used to, but when I give into what Society says about food, that I deserve to have meat, dairy, etc, or that everyone else is eating sugar so I should too, it dulls me and I binge. I act like my student at school who gives up and shuts down when he thinks he's in trouble: I think that if I eat one cookie or one slice of cheese that I've already ruined my day of eating to live, so I might as well binge big time. I need to be like Ky and Cassia, who realize that they've both made mistakes, and try to make it better instead of letting themselves drown in bad decisions.
Today's stats:
W: 141 (M and F's scale)
E: yoga
B: green smoothie and toast with peanut butter
L and D: beans, bread, peanut butter, agave, bananas
No comments:
Post a Comment