Wednesday, December 14, 2011

on failing

There is a very real chance that I might not be passing one of my classes. D's don't get degrees in grad school, and that's my current grade, not considering the one assignment that I've revamped, or the essay that doesn't look anything like those belonging to my peers, or the assignments that I will be up half the night revamping. I'm hoping and praying for a miracle: that I won't have to retake the class Spring term. But that might be my reality. However, I'm not sad or upset, or even tempted to beat myself up about it, which is a change from how I used to be. I can learn from this and be better next time. And that's how it is with anything, including my diet. The purpose of failure, the purpose of falling is to see how you'll react, to see if you'll turn to God, to see if you'll pick yourself up with His help and just keep going. I did better today than I did yesterday. I'll do better tomorrow than I did today. And if I don't, there's always the day after. Life is about changing and becoming. Todo saldra bien!

Today's stats:
W: 140.4
B: n/a
L: salad-spinach, chili, tomatoes, mushrooms
D: bananas and peanut butter...more than once. 4-5 corn chips with chipotle dressing. More pb and bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment