Saturday, December 3, 2011

Perspective

My little brother is getting married this month. He's 22 and I'm 30. I'm a little bitter, and sometimes it's hard to be happy about it all the time. I went to my future sister-in-law's bridal shower today, and while it was going on, my car got towed. $200 later I had my car back, but called my mother crying, because I don't understand why things are the way they are. This evening I found out that one of my best high school friends lost her husband. The things I am facing are so inconsequential to what she's given to deal with. I'm praying for her.

On the ETL vein, how hard this seems depends on my perspective. If I view myself as important enough to take care of all the time, even when that means being the odd man out, I can do it. Today I passed up pizza at one bridal shower, and made sure to ask for water so that I wouldn't have to drink the sugary juice, and at the second one, I passed on the goodies too, even though I was handed a plate and had an internal debate for a minute there deciding whether or not to do it. I am important enough to take care of.

Today's stats:
W: 139.2 (I keep typing a 2 instead of a 3...I'll get there!!)
E: yoga, essentrics arms and abs, 20 minutes of run-in-place cardio
B: n/a
L: green smoothie (peaches, banana, spinach)
D: spinach, tomato, palta, mushrooms, chili

No comments:

Post a Comment