Monday, December 5, 2011

Sharing the love!

Today after school, one of my co-workers asked me "What are you doing to get so skinny?" She said that I'm looking really skinny and that she has about 20 pounds that she needs to lose. (I forgot that last Wednesday my friend Katie said that I'm really skinny too.) My co-worker said she has tried everything (high protein, HCG, etc.) and can lose, but then gains it all back, plus some, as soon as she goes off the diet. I told her that I basically eat fruit, veggies, and grain, and that I have a book called Eat to Live, and an extra copy that I bought specifically to share with people when they ask about it! I don't want to push my way of life on others, but I do want to be willing and ready to share if/when they want to know. I told her that I don't eat meat or dairy, and she seemed a little shocked...I said that I'd been leery at first, that it seemed too strict, but that when I tried it, I loved it. I also said that I got into it not just for the weight loss (she said that she needed to lose a lot...20 lbs, and I told her that I've lost about 25 lbs since April) but for the health side of it, that I have a history of diabetes and cancer in my family and that this diet reverses diabetes and prevents cancer. I'm excited to take her my extra copy tomorrow!!

Today's stats:
W: 136.6
E: yoga, essentrics a/a, 20 minute jog in place
B: green smoothie (strawberries, banana, spinach, agave, soy milk and spices)
L: green smoothie (banana, peaches, spinach)
D: 2 bananas, brown rice, and HH's Chola (3rd official recipe I've made from HH...after Pumpkin Pie smoothies, and pumpkin muffins...all SUCH good stuff!)
And I wasn't really even tempted to eat the sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting at FHE!

No comments:

Post a Comment